Housed within the Energetics Technology Center, the Analytics Team provides expertise on topics including program evaluation, social science research, international collaborations, data collection and analyses, public policy, quantitative and qualitative methodologies, and facilitation. ETC is a non-profit, 501c(3) organization, located in the Washington D.C. Metro Area.
Our team has it’s own platform to engage with the larger research community by connecting the data points and offering actionable analyses of complex social problems.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Check out some of our latest work
“Gender Segregation of Academic Science and Engineering: Policies, Programs, and Trends since 2000 in International Perspective”. (2016) L.M. Frehill, K. Seely-Gant, and C.L. McNeely. Presented at Eastern Sociological Society’s 2016 Annual Meeting, Boston, MA
“Who Owns Computing?: Credentialing in a New Global Labor Market”. (2016) L.M. Frehill. Presented at Eastern Sociological Society’s 2016 Annual Meeting, Boston, MA
“Indicators for Innovation: Fostering an Environment for Invention and Advancement in the Armed Forces”. (2016) K. Seely-Gant and L.M. Frehill. Presented at Eastern Sociological Society’s 2016 Annual Meeting, Military Sociology Mini-Conference, Boston, MA
“A World Away: Doing Science Abroad”. (2016) Career Workshop Organized by L.M. Frehill and A.E. Sztein. Presented at American Association for the Advancement of Science’s 2016 Annual Meeting, Washington D.C.
“Exploring Bias in Big Data Research”. (2015) K. Seely-Gant and L.M. Frehill. Journal of the Washington Academy of Science, Fall 2015
“Everything Old is New Again: The Big Data Workforce”. (2015) L.M. Frehill. Journal of the Washington Academy of Science, Fall 2015
“Advancing Women in Science: An International Perspective”. (2015) edited by W. Pearson Jr., L.M. Frehill, and C.L. McNeely. Springer International Publishing.
The Collaborative Analytics Workgroup comprises researchers, analysts, and professionals in the Washington DC region who provide strategic consulting services to private and public sector organizations, ranging from US federal agencies, policy institutes, national and international standards organizations, to multinational corporations. We draw our membership from university faculties in the Washington DC region, subject matter experts in national and international standards organizations, analysts at research centers, and professionals with substantial operational and managerial experience in their respective disciplines. All our members hold graduate degrees and, as active members of academic and professional organizations, regularly publish our research results in peer-reviewed journals and present our findings at national and international symposia.
In addition to strategic planning and program management, we provide subject matter expertise in the following domains:
- Globalization and Innovation Diffusion Evaluation
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Collaboration, Diffusion, and Diplomacy Program Evaluation
- Big Data Governance and Management Evaluation
- Knowledge Discovery in Databases (KDD) and Big Data Analytics Program Evaluation
- Cybersecurity Program Implementation Evaluation
- Cybersecurity Audit Program Evaluation
- Cybersecurity Education Program Implementation
- Cybersecurity Hazard Assessment
- Institutional and Organizational Assessment
- Workforce Modelling
In addition to private sector organizations, we support federal agencies, research institutions, and standards organizations:
- US Federal Government’s: National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
- NICE: National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework (NCWF)
- National Science Foundation: Workshop on the Social, Economic, and Workforce Implications of Big Data Analytics and Decision Making
- US Office of Defense STEM Development Office: Workforce Studies
Our dynamic team members